Skip to content
Care For New Trees & Shrubs After One Year
- Water plant every 3 weeks: rain does not count.
- Feed tree with granule fertilizer May 15th and July 4th: Feed no later than Labor Day
- Prune off visible dead growth: scratch the bark, if it’s a brown color – trim it off.
- Prune off all sucker growth: new foliage under first main branch.
- No more than 2″ of mulch, dirt, leaves, needles and clippings on top of root mass.
- Check for bugs in Spring. DO not water over head: water at the base of the tree.